Download and Listen to Episode 21
(This is a Google Drive file)
Got a teen wasting their study time? Teach them to “see” their time with these awesome tips from Leslie Josel of Order Out of Chaos.
Leslie is an academic/life coach, an award-winning author and acclaimed speaker. She is the creator of the Academic Planner: A Tool for Time Management®, a planner that helps students develop and master time management skills. She talks to us about her planner and how it can help students be successful. Listen in!
Leslie explains how to get students to plan at school and everyday life:
- These planners give students a way to see everything, especially their available blocks of time, that is KEY.
- Time management is a life skill and not a school skill. It’s not enough to know what you need to do, but WHEN you have time to do it.
- Use the word “practice” instead of study with your teens. They understand how to practice and it’s not as overwhelming as the word “study“.
- Your child needs to understand what they know and what they don’t, how to tell the difference and then have new and different ways to “relearn” what they don’t.
- Make sure your child KNOWS HOW to do what you want them to do. Most kids don’t. Start there and the rest will follow.
- Middle School Moment: “Fear can either fuel you, or fail you.“
Leslie’s Academic Planner: A Tool for Time Management®
Order Out of Chaos Academic Planners
NOTE: The following are affiliate links to Leslie’s awesome planners and courses. I don’t recommend anything I wouldn’t use. By clicking on these links, I may receive a small commission for any purchase you make. This is totally optional, you are in no obligation to use my affiliate links.
Be sure to check out my organization article that I update every year. This school year, we’re trying OOC Planners.